Learning does not stop at the closing bell of the school day! Cornerstone Connections Project youth at Woodlan Jr High School (CCP Woodlan) enjoy experiential learning activities along with the opportunity to develop assets through mentoring, academic enrichment, life skills development, and community building. Youth in grades 7-8 are welcome to join CCP Woodlan in the cafeteria Monday-Thursday afterschool-5:30 pm.
A typical day at CCP Woodlan
- Daily: youth sign in, check out the daily activity menu, receive a healthy snack, and have opportunities for recreation and homework help.
- Daily Choices: Learning Centers designed for STEAM [science, technology, engineering, arts and math] enrichment. Learning Centers change depending on the day throughout the school year depending on the availability of community partners but each is designed for the 7th – 8th grade youth enrichment.
- Youth “own” it: Youth take ownership of the program by participating, openness to each other and staff, taking responsibility [cleaning up after self and helping others, offering suggestions, and leading by example.
How to sign up
Woodlan Jr High School
- To enroll, please fill out the registration packet in its entirety and submit it by email, mail or drop off at the Woodlan Office. Download and print the form here.
There is a one time $25.00 registration fee.
- Extra field trips, activities and events may include nominal fees, but we do our best to keep fees low or nonexistent. Parents are notified in advance if an extra activity includes a fee.
- Transportation home at the conclusion of regular after school program hours is provided through East Allen County Schools [EACS]. If your student, is part of a normal EACS route they can be transported home. It takes 3-5 days after registration for EACS to place students on the CCP Woodlan bus route.
Site Phone 260-623-0070
17215 Woodburn Road, Woodburn, IN 46797
Monday-Thursday Afterschool-5:30 pm
Youth in 7th & 8th grades are welcome at CYC Monroeville for weekend hours [Monroeville Friday 6-10 p.m.]
Color Code Key:
Orange: CYC Monroeville
Blue: CCP New Haven
Green: CCP Woodlan